Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Item 20: Podcasts

I surfed around in all of the podcasting directories, and discovered that for the most part, I was blocked from seeing anything without downloading some kind of support software. Since I'm not supposed to be downloading anything to this shared work computer, I didn't get very far.

However, I can see that there are several legitimate kinds of offerings, as well as, shall I say, 'other' kinds of visual eye-candy out there. I know that it's the wave of the future for educators, so it's been good to know more about them. I didn't know that these directories existed. Someday I'll download iTunes onto my home computer (with the dialup connection it'll take about 20 hours... bleh.)

The interesting thing is that anyone can produce anything, and load it up onto these sites. I only have a superficial overview, but it seems like possibly no one is keeping track of the content, quality or anything, really. Sometimes, this is good... sometimes, not so very.

No comments: